Accountants like to get accounts done as early as possible, but why should you want your accounts and tax returns done earlier rather than later?
- Recall answers easier when the accountant asks
- Investigate and deal with issues as early as possible, which also means you don't have up to an extra year's changes to make to fix the same error the following year.
- Plan for tax bills well in advance.
- Take action on unfavourable trends you haven't identified from management reports.
- Reduce your effort (and cost) required to complete the work.